I am a high school teacher in northern British Columbia working at a wonderful school with amazing colleagues, raising a family and beginning my masters degree in Educational Technology.

My journey as an educator started in October 1999, where the plan was to get teaching experience, come back to Canada, get an education degree, and then start teaching…..but instead I kept my mind open to beautiful possibilities, met my partner in Bali, and continued to teach and raise my family for a few years while still teaching ESL in South Korea.

My wife and daughter at Soraksan, South Korea

Still passionate about teaching, I took the plunge and came back to Canada to receive my formal training in 2007,  graduated from the University of Northern British Columbia in 2009, and haven’t looked back. I enjoy soaking up our country, the great outdoors, and all of the possibilities it has to offer for our youth and our children.

Elysia Lake, British Columbia

We have added a new family member, and we continue to keep our ties to our family in Bali. With the advent of digital technology it is easier to video chat and message family members over vast distances. However, we still have those face to face connections when we can.

My son participating in playing Balinese music with his uncle in the summer of 2017

Through our experiences and those of others, we provide a window to our students on what can be….

@TeachHood